Transferring files from your Android smartphone to a Windows computer, or vice versa, was previously a complex issue. You connected your phone to a computer with a USB cable, looked at the file system until you found what you were looking for, and then copied with the hope that nothing was disconnected or committed in that process. Alternatively, you have used a slow file transfer process to share files via Bluetooth after pairing the devices for the first time. Fortunately, with application development, this process of sharing files from Android to Windows devices has become easier. Here are a few free apps you can try if you want to transfer files from your Android smartphone to your Windows desktop and guide you to every step you can take.
How to share files between Windows and Android with free apps
Whether you want to share a single file between Windows and Android devices, or bring them together, it's easy to start with these simple steps:
How to Share Files Between Windows and Android Using Feem
Feem v4 allows users to transfer files, photos, videos, audio files and applications for free. The app must be downloaded on both Android and Windows devices to work. Both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. The company claims the file transfer service is 50 times faster than Bluetooth and twice as fast as Dropbox. The free version of the app is adorned with ads. Those who find that annoying can pay a premium for Feem Pro, which offers an unprecedented experience.
How to transfer files between Windows and Android using Feem:
- Download Feem v4 on both your Android device and your Windows computer from the Feem website.
- After installation, make sure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The application assigns both the Windows PC name and the Android smartphone and both applications are automatically displayed in the Android / Windows application.
- Click on the Android / Windows device in any of the two apps.
- You can now send one file or multiple files at once.
How to share files between Windows and Android using AirDroid
Like Feem v4, AirDroid allows you to transfer photos, videos, files, audio and applications between Android and Windows devices for free. Allows you to select multiple files and can also be used to send text messages. File transfer was as fast as Feem in our test. There is also the ability to view all phone files on the app desktop and save them from there.
In addition, Remote Camera mode is also available, allowing you to remotely view your phone's camera and View Only mode, allowing you to see what's happening on your smartphone's desktop screen. The free version of the app is supported by ads and allows only 200 MB of data transfer per month (31 days).
How to transfer files between Windows and Android using AirDroid:
- Download AirDroid for Android and Android from AirDroid.
- Sign up with the app and then sign in with the same credentials in your Windows application.
- Make sure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Your smartphone and your Windows computer will be purchased in My Devices in both apps.
- You can now drag / drop the files you want to share.
How to share files between Windows and Android using PushBullet
PushBullet also allows you to transfer files from your Android device to a Windows computer and send and receive text messages and view phone notifications. In our tests we found that file transfer is slower than Feem.
Unlike Feem, PushBullet does not allow application sharing and is limited to files, photos and videos. It is also not equipped with a remote camera and only view modes visible on AirDroid.
How to transfer files between Windows and Android using PushBullet:
- Download PushBullet and Android client from PushBullet. PushBullet offers extensions for Firefox, Chrome and Opera as well as dedicated Windows App.
- Sign in with your Google or Facebook account. Note that you will need to use the same account on your Android phone and Windows PC.
- The Android app will ask you if you want to see phone notifications on your computer. You will also see a similar prompt for text messages. Depending on your preferences, click Enable or Skip.
- Click Remote Files in Android Application to display the Windows window. Similarly, your Android smartphone will appear under Devices in the Windows application.
- Press the "Connect" button to send the content and press the arrow button to send the media file to your computer.
- Check your PC application to view the file and download it to your system.
How to share files between Windows and Android using the Phone app
The Phone app was introduced by Microsoft to update Windows on October 10, 2018, and allows Windows users to instantly access Android photos and text. However, the app allows users to access up to 25 recent photos and screenshots and nothing else.
It also does not allow users to send multiple files at once. Similarly, it only displays recent messages. The biggest disadvantage of this application is that it only allows you to transfer photos from Android to Windows and not vice versa.
- Install Phone or Windows and Android.
- Feed the country code and mobile phone number in the Windows application. You will receive a text message with a link to the Android app.
- Download the app from Google Play using the link.
- Once installed, click & # 39; Attach My PC & # 39;
- Sign in with your Microsoft account in both Windows and Android. Enable all permissions on your Android device and say Yes & # 39; for "Ignore Battery Optimization" if desired.
- On your Windows 10 computer, open the Phone app.
- You will be able to access Recent Photos (including camera roles, screenshots) and Text Messaging (SMS).
Other easy ways to transfer files between Android and Windows
Particular attention should be paid to cloud storage services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, We Transfer, Google Drive, and more. These services allow you to save files to the cloud and access them from any device if you are logged in with the same login. All of these services offer limited free storage space and, after reaching this limit, you can choose from a variety of paid plans.