If you say goodbye to your iPhone or iPad, deleting all the content on it is a good choice. To restore your iPhone is the last resort and one you should only take in exceptional cases, such as when you sell a device, or if you are sure nothing else solves what you have with your device. The method we've described below works on all the latest iPhone phones like iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, and so on. . This will restart iPhone without deleting the data. But if you know that resetting your iOS device is the only option, here's how to proceed and get it from the manufacturer.
It's actually quite easy to restore your iPhone if you follow the steps below. However, before you do this, we strongly urge you to make a full backup of your iPhone or iPad. Once you have done this and understand that this step clears everything on your iOS device with no recovery option, please refer to this guide.
How to restore iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Here are some options. To restore iPhone or iPad, the option you want to select is called Delete all content and settings.
- Before deleting, you may be prompted to update your iCloud backup. You should click the button Back to the top t.
- If you do not want to update your iCloud backup, click Clear Now.
- You will see the same option again and you will need to enter the passcode. Once you do these things, you'll be able to restore your iPhone or iPad.
If you don't want to completely reset your iPhone or iPad, you can only restore some things, such as device settings, network settings, keyboard dictionary, home screen layout, and privacy. All of these options appear under Settings > General > Reset.
How to restore iPhone or iPad factory settings using iTunes
If your iPhone is unusable for some reason, you can also restore it using iTunes settings. These steps will help you restore your iPhone or iPad to factory settings via iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac and open iTunes.
- Wait for the device icon to appear on your iTunes device. It appears under the Play / Pause button. When it appears, click it.
- You may be prompted for a passcode and whether to "Trust this computer" on your iPhone or iPad. After entering the passcode, trust the computer.
- Now click on blue on iTunes on your computer Return Iphone… button.
- Click the button Restore To start resetting the iOS device to the factory settings, press.
For more tutorials, see How To.