WhatsApp finally allows people to send and receive stickers from each other, something that other messaging apps have added years ago. This new development brings an exciting opportunity to create your own WhatsApp stickers. There are several ways to create WhatsApp stickers, but the easiest ways are to download applications that allow you to quickly create stickers. On iPhone and Android, we managed to create WhatsApp self-adhesive packages in less than five minutes, making the process really simple.
Before continuing, it is important to note that the best way to create your own sticker packages is on the WhatsApp website. WhatsApp offers sample applications where you can make some basic changes and send them to the App Store or Google Play. For most people, however, this is not a practical option, so we have gone through all the steps with a simple method and listed them below.
Please note that these third-party label creation applications work very well, but we don't know much about their origins and whether these applications are abusing any permissions you grant. Before granting third-party permissions to your entire photo gallery, think twice, which can be misused. If it's okay, create your own stickers for WhatsApp.
How to Create WhatsApp Stickers on Android
Follow these steps to make your own WhatsApp sticker packages on Android.
- Download Sticker Maker app on Android platform.
- Click on Create a new stickerpack.
- Name the sticker and add the author's name for the cover if you want to take over these credits.
- On the next screen you will see 30 tiles. Tap one of these options, and then tap Take a picture, Open Gallery, or Choose a file to select images. The first option allows you to take pictures, the second opens a photo gallery and the third allows you to select images from the file manager.
- The next step allows you to cut the image into shape. You can select one of the options Free hand (hand draw shape and crop sticker) Cut out the square, or Remove the circle.
- When you have finished cropping, tap Yes, save the sticker.
- When you add three stickers, you can tap the icon Add to WhatsApp. When added, a confirmation message appears on the screen.
- Now open WhatsApp, click the button emoji icon> stickers icon down. Now you will see your new sticker last in the sticker list.
- To remove a sticker, click on the package> three dots in the top right corner> Delete.
How to Create WhatsApp Stickers on iPhone
Follow these steps to make your own WhatsApp sticker packages on your iPhone. The application we use is a polished photo editing application that makes it really easy to create self-adhesive WhatsApp packages.
- Download the Bazaart app on iPhone.
- Open the app and tap Start New or Open photo.
- Now you can use the application tool to create a sticker. With the Bazaart tool on the screen, you can easily cut it into shapes, add dialog boxes, and more.
- Click when you are done Share icon and tap WhatsApp.
- The app will ask you to add your name if you want to take credit for the sticker. Then, on the next screen, tap Add to WhatsApp.
- This will add your sticker to WhatsApp. Click the button sticker icon which you type in the form. Your stickers will appear here.
- Bazaart lets you easily update your sticker. Just repeat steps 2 through 4 above to see a new screen asking if you want to update or remove the sticker. Click on Updates add more stickers to the pack.
Bazaart is a free iPhone app with most of its monthly locked features. Creating WhatsApp stickers is completely free, but if it changes in a future update, you can always use another application, such as the Sticker Maker for WhatsApp, to make it work just as easily.
How did you create a WhatsApp sticker? Let us know by comments.
For more tutorials, see How To.
We discussed what WhatsApp absolutely needs to do in 2019, Orbital, our weekly technology podcast that you can order through Apple Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or just click the play button below.