Do Not Disturb (DND) is one of the first things everyone should do after getting a new SIM card in India. Flexible telemarketing companies are starting to spam unsolicited phone calls and text messages when you get a new SIM card. DND activation is one way to prevent this. You can easily activate DND on Jio, as with other telecommunications operators in India. Remember that activating DND alone does not guarantee freedom from spam callers or text messages in India, but blocks a fair number of them. Here's how to activate DND on Jio.
How to activate DND on Jio via app
The net method for activating DND on Jio is through a corporate application. Follow these steps.
- If you do not already have one, download the MyJio app on your Android or iPhone and open it.
- Click on Hamburger top left icon.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Service settings.
- Click on Do not disturb.
- Click the radio button next to it Full DND on On.
It activates DND on Jio for your number.
How to activate DND on Jio via SMS or Call
You can also choose to send an SMS to the Telecommunications Authority of India (TRAI) to add to the Non-Call Register. Follow these steps.
- SMS START 0 to 1909. This will activate the full DND on your number.
- you can too Call 1909 and follow the instructions for activating full DND.
For more tutorials, see How To.